How do I replace my tube?
You will need the following items to replace your tube
- 700x32c tube with a 32mm presta valve
- around $7 at a local bike shop
- Bicycle pump
- tire pressure should be between 50 and 85 psi
- Wheel unlocking key and 6mm allen wrench
- To loosen axle nuts
- 2 x Tire Levers
- inexpensive at a local bike shop
- WD-40 (optional)
- to help if the wheel nuts are tight
Things to note:
- When you put the wheel back on the bike, the arrows on the side of the tire should be facing in the direction of the wheel rotation when riding.
- Additionally, although the bikes used in the videos are slightly different in these examples, the concept is the same.
The links below explain how to replace a tube. The main difference will be that you need to use your wheel key to unscrew the rear axle nuts. You will not need to completely remove the wheel nuts, you will just need to loosen them until you can remove the wheel.
REI - How to change a flat tire
Taking wheel off and putting it back on.